WILD IRIS FARM OFFERS YEAR-ROUND, FULL-SERVICE BOARDING IN OUR 10 STALL BARN. EACH STALL HAS IT'S OWN 12'X12' TURNOUT. PASTURE TURNOUT IS ALSO AVAILABLE.
ARE YOU AND YOUR HORSES PLANNING A TRIP TO ACADIA NATIONAL PARK? CONSIDER BOARDING WITH US!
WE ARE LOCATED JUST 1.5 MILES FROM THE MAIN PARK ENTRANCE.
Play with your horses on Acadia's carriage roads during the day and then let us take care of them when you are done. We'll make sure they are fed, watered, and their stalls kept clean, freeing you to enjoy all that Mt. Desert Island has to offer.
We welcome boarders for a day, a week, a month or a year to accommodate your travel plans and needs.
"Wild Iris Farm was the perfect Pony B&B for our 2 grey Connemaras who were taking their maiden voyage with us to the famed carriage roads of Mt desert Island. This was the first big ride away from home for my husband, a warm up to see if we were game for some Inn to Inn riding in Ireland. We were delighted with the warm welcome from Sandi, the shiny new stalls and run out, and the excellent care and TLC afforded to us and to the ponies. It was a great value, and we could go enjoy a dinner out or a bike ride or the sunset from Cadillac Mountain without a worry. We will surely go back if we are heading that way", Sally O, NH.
OUR BOARDERS RECEIVE:
- Individual attention and greeting service
- Space for your horse trailer
- Individual 12'X12' stalls each with an attached 12'x12' outdoor paddock
- Hay, fed twice a day plus any grain owner provides
- Stall muck out twice a day with fresh shavings added
- Fresh water replenished a minimum of 3 times a day
- Blanketing and/or fly spray at request of owner
- Use of outdoor arena & trails
- Vet on call
- Farrier on call
- "Wild Iris Horse Farm was a wonderful choice for our stabling needs while visiting Acadia National Park. Sandi went above and beyond our expectations providing us with maps and suggested trail rides and even some home baked cookies! Our horses were well cared for and certainly appreciated their indoor/outdoor stall set-up. It was a real treat to be able to come and simply load up the horses for a day of trail riding riding knowing Sandi had looked after the feeding chores hours earlier. We truly enjoyed riding the carriage roads and taking in the beautiful scenery. Having the horses stay at Wild Iris Horse Farm certainly added to the vacation as we were able to relax and enjoy our time in Bar Harbor knowing the horses were well looked after. Looking forward to be able to visit again", Jocelyne N., NB Canada
Whether you are a "local" who would love to have your horse closer to home or a "season traveler" who wants to share your vacation with your horse, you will find WILD IRIS FARM to be the ideal place to board your horse.
"Wild Iris is a lovely facility, with neat, clean and spacious stalls. Sandi and her son Marc are highly competent and caring professionals and our horses came home from a week's stay totally happy and healthy. It is wonderful to have such high quality, short-term boarding available on MDI", Emily B., MDI, ME
- 50% deposit of your total reservation fee is due when you book your reservation. All reservations must be paid in full no later than 30 days prior to your arrival date. If your booking date and arrival date are within 30 days of each other, then the full amount of your reservation must be paid upon booking.
- A 100% refund, minus a paper processing fee of $35, will be issued to you if you cancel your reservation 60 days or more prior to your scheduled arrival; A 50% refund, minus processing fee of $35, will be refunded if your cancel your reservation 30 to 59 days prior to your scheduled arrival. No refund will be issued to you if you cancel 29 days or less before your scheduled arrival date.
- Once your reservation is booked, you will receive a prompt receipt and reservation number by e-mail.
- Sorry, we are unable to accept reservations for stallions.
CLICK HERE FOR A COPY OF OUR REGISTRATION FORM - PLEASE DOWNLOAD AND PRINT OUT
- Reservations must be paid in full before arrival.
- Check-in time is noon-6pm unless previously approved by farm manager. Earlier or later arrivals will be charged $100
- Please call us at 207-288-5234 the morning of your arrival so we can have a barn attendant present to greet you and help you unload. We require a minimum of 2 hours notice.
- You must provide us with the following documentation regarding your horse before you can unload ALL HEALTH PAPERS WHICH INCLUDE*:
2. Proof of Rabies vaccination within one year
3. Proof of EHV-1 vaccination within one year but no sooner than 1 month before arrival
4. 30 day Health Certificate for out-of-state horses. This must be signed by a veterinarian stating that your horse
is free of contagious or infectious disease..
5. Completed registration form for each horse you are boarding (see below for a printable registration form)
FAILURE TO PROVIDE THIS INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN YOUR HORSE NOT BEING ALLOWED TO UNLOAD FROM YOUR TRAILER!
*WE REQUEST THAT YOU EMAIL(Marc@WildIrisHorseFarm.com) THIS PAPERWORK 1 WEEK PRIOR TO ARRIVING
CHECK OUT IS AT 9AM*. OUR STAFF WILL BE HAPPY TO HELP YOU LOAD UP.
*THERE IS A $100 FEE IF CHECKOUT IS AFTER 10AM
Per night $ 55.00
Week (7 nights) $370.00
Yearly Boarders $525.00/month
Contact us regarding group rates
Sam, our first boarder
"I just recently returned from my first horseback riding vacation at Acadia National Park. My friend and I went first class. We stayed at a beautiful rental house and kept our horses at Wild Iris Ranch (Farm), a boarding stable. The horses were very happy there, they had indoor and outdoor stalls and a nice place for turnout. The additional benefit was the great care they received there. Sandy, the owner, fed, watered and bedded them for us so we could spend our free time eating at great restaurants and sleeping in a little bit. Mostly though, we spent our days exploring the beautiful Acadia National Park on horseback. The carriage trails are amazing. We had a wonderful time and will definitely be returning", Amy S., NB Canada
ACADIA NATIONAL PARK HAS 57 MILES OF WORLD FAMOUS CARRIAGE ROADS THAT ARE PERFECT FOR YOU TO ENJOY WITH YOUR HORSE, EITHER RIDING OR DRIVING! VISIT Acadia National Park FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE PARK'S CARRIAGE ROAD SYSTEM. CHECK OUT THE Equine Journal'sMARCH, 2011 ARTICLE ON THE "12 BEST PLACES TO DRIVE"