WILD IRIS FARM OFFERS YEAR-ROUND, FULL-SERVICE BOARDING. OUR BARN HAS TEN 12'X12' STALLS, EACH WITH IT'S OWN ATTACHED 12'X12' OUTDOOR PADDOCK. PASTURE TURNOUT IS ALSO AVAILABLE. SEE VIDEO
WE WELCOME BOARDERS FOR DAILY, WEEKLY, MONTHLY OR ANNUAL BOARDING TO ACCOMMODATE YOUR NEEDS.
Wild Iris Farm is conveniently located 1.5 miles from the main entrance to Acadia National Park and it's 57 miles of world-famous carriage roads. The carriage roads are spectacular and designed to be used by horses. Many Equestrians, whether they ride or drive their horses, have these carriage roads on their "must do" list.
"Wild Iris Horse Farm was the perfect Pony B&B for our 2 grey Connemaras who were taking their maiden voyage with us to the famed carriage roads of Acadia National Park. This was the first big ride away from home for my husband, a warmup to see if we were game for some Inn-to-Inn riding in Ireland. We were delighted with the warm welcome from Sandi, the shiny new stalls and run out, and the excellent care and TLC afforded to us and to the ponies. It was a great value, and we could go enjoy dinner out or a bike ride or the sunset from Cadillac Mountain without a worry. We will surely go back if we are headed that way, " Sally O.,NH
Whether you are a "local" who would love to have your horse closer to home or a "seasoned traveler" who wants to share your vacation with your horse, you will find WILD IRIS FARM to be the ideal place to board your horse.
"Wild Iris is a lovely facility, with neat, clean and spacious stalls. Sandi and her son Marc are highly competent and caring professionals and our horses came home from a week's stay totally happy and healthy", Emily B.
OUR BOARDERS RECEIVE
- Individual attention and greeting service
- Space for your horse trailer
- Individual 12'x12' stalls with an attached 12'x12' outdoor paddock
- Stall muck out twice a day with fresh shavings added
- Hay , fed twice a day with fresh shavings added
- Blanketing and/or fly spray when provided and requested by owner
- Vet and Farrier on call
RATES EFFECTIVE NOVEMBER 1, 2015
Per night $ 60.00 (minimum of 2 night stay)
Week (7 nights) $ 395.00
Months (2-3) $ 825.00/month
Please contact us regarding group rates
- 100% of your total board is due when you book your reservation. The Farm only accepts checks. Your reservation is not secured until we have received your check. We will take a credit card # to hold your stall but your stall is not confirmed until we receive your check. Once payment in full in received, a prompt receipt and reservation confirmation will be e-mailed to you.
- A 100% refund, minus a paper processing fee of $35, will be issued to you if you cancel your reservation 60 days or more prior to your scheduled arrival; A 50% refund, minus the processing fee of $35, will be issued to you if you cancel your reservation 30-59 days prior to your scheduled arrival date. No refund will be issued if you cancel 29 days or less before your scheduled arrival date.
- Sorry, we are unable to accept reservations for stallions at this time
CLICK HERE FOR A COPY OF OUR REGISTRATION FORM Please download and print it, fill out and mail with your check.
- CHECK-IN TIME IS NOON-6PM UNLESS PREVIOUSLY APPROVED BY THE FARM MANAGER. EARLIER OR LATER ARRIVALS WILL BE CHARGED $100
- PLEASE CALL US @ 207-288-5234 THE MORNING OF YOUR ARRIVAL SO WE CAN HAVE A BARN ATTENDANT PRESENT TO GREET YOU AND HELP YOU UNLOAD. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE NEED A 2 HOUR NOTICE OF YOUR ARRIVAL
- YOU MUST PROVIDE US WITH THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION REGARDING YOUR HORSE BEFORE YOU CAN UNLOAD. IT IS MUCH EASIER FOR YOU AND THE FARM MANAGER IF THIS PAPERWORK IS EMAILED TO WILDIRISFARM@SKYBEAM.COM A MIMIMUM OF 1 WEEK PRIOR TO ARRIVAL!
1. A negative Coggins dated within 1 year for out-of-state horses; within 3 years for in-state (Maine)
2. Proof of Rabies vaccination within 1 year
3. Proof of EVH-1 vaccination within 1 year but no sooner than 1 month before arrival
4. 30 day health certificate for out-of-state horses. This must be signed by a veterinarian stating that your horse is free of contagious disease
5. Completed registration form for each horse you are boarding
FAILURE TO PROVIDE THIS INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN YOUR HORSE NOT BEING ALLOWED TO UNLOAD FROM YOUR TRAILER!!
CHECK-OUT IS AT 9AM* . OUR STAFF WILL BE HAPPY TO HELP YOU LOAD UP
* THERE IS A $100 FEE IF CHECK-OUT IS AFTER 10am